It’s all right there in our mission! We believe volunteers are the backbone of nonprofit service, and we can’t do it without you — especially as an organization whose goal is to be in the community, for the community, supporting the community!
We are currently volunteer-run and managed. While we hope to have a couple of part-time paid administrative staff within the year (an ED and fundraising/marketing) and paid EAL facilitators, clinicians, and educators — we will always need volunteer support to grow and maintain what we build!
Volunteers can perform many tasks at Paws for Humanity including:
- Caring for the animals — feeding and grooming
- Cleaning out stalls, barns, and pastures
- Helping at open houses and with group work — walking with the facilitator/handler, touring visitors/clients
- Helping at special concerts, benefits, community events
- Fundraising, social media, and other advertising/marketing
- Farm work, including fence and equipment repair and seasonal animal care projects
- YOUR specific interest or expertise with animals in our care — training, socialization, and educational material development
Time commitments vary depending on your availability and our needs
Volunteers may help as often as several times a week — or weekly, monthly, summers or winters only, or only at special events. We appreciate any time you can give and will make sure to use your time and talents well!
All volunteers must be 14 years old or accompanied by a parent while on the premises. Minors will require permission signed by parents, and all volunteers must pass a police background check to comply with our certifying organization (PATH).
> Download, complete and return a VOLUNTEER APPLICATION, and Dale or Beth will be in touch to set up an orientation interview.